You booked your family photo session – congrats! Please, try to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to check in. Allow for about an hour to be photographed and view your images. After your session, you will be selecting your directory photograph and have the opportunity to purchase other photography products and greeting cards.
Now you need to decide what you and your family are going to wear. Here are a few tips to help get you started.
• Solids colors are best. Choose a neutral base color pallet (i.e., navy, brown, white or grey) and add pops of color. Shirts and dress colors should be within the same color palette or be complimentary colors. Pants and skirts can be similar or identical in color (i.e., light denim, dark denim, tan khakis).
• Leave the patterns and logos at home. Busy, loud patterns, logos and colors will draw too much attention in your photos.
• Mix it up! Make sure there is variation in your family’s wardrobe. If dad and son are both wearing white dress shirts, mix it up by having one wear a jacket or vest.
• Don’t overdue the accessories. Large watches and bulky jewelry do not photograph well.
• Iron your wardrobe. Every detail will show up in your portraits, so be sure to iron out any wrinkles, remove lint and loose threads.
• If you wear eyeglasses all the time, feel free to bring them. However, if you can do without your glasses or have contact lenses, this is a better option. Eyeglasses can cause a reflection of light or objects.
• Get inspired! Browse the Internet for family photo inspiration. Pinterest is a great resource for outfit recommendations.